Saturday, June 18, 2011

Looks like I am moving to America

The Crazy Train is leaving the station June 30th. Next Stop: San Francisco.

I have been singing that theme song to "The O.C.", 'California' by Phantom Planet, for two weeks now.


So we're moving again. So we're moving again! Nothing like three cross-country moves in less than four years! This time we're heading out to the *other* coast. I never thought I would be a California girl! (Then again, I never thought I would call myself a New Yorker, either.)

I never loved living in a place like I have loved living in New York--It makes one feel as if they are really alive. But as wonderful and magical as this place can be (and let me tell you, Central Park is magical!)

DSC01346.JPG

New York can also drain the life slowly out of a person. The work/life balance is difficult (impossible??) to achieve here. I know too many moms who function as if single-moms, and I don't know anyone else who does not have a baby-sitter or nanny (or cleaning person) to help them out. After nine months of Carlos working crunch time (i.e. we can work you in to the ground but not pay any over time) and the AAA game he was working on being released and selling more than 2.6 million units, of *course* the company decides to close the studio. Which is fine. We see better times ahead.

New York City, we will miss you. But we are excited to see what lies behind door #3.



(Plus, I plan on learning to surf!)

2 comments:

  1. Safe travels to you all with your upcoming move. I'm eager to hear about your surfing adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Liza! I love getting your little notes and hearing about life in Alaska!!

    ReplyDelete