Tuesday, September 15, 2009

80* & Sun


I think I'm in love. With New York in the Fall.


Today was a fantastic day. First of I went to the Gap on 86th & Broadway to get the hat I saw there on clearance, and it is a good thing I did as I ended up walking from 86th st to 26th st (THAT IS 60 BLOCKS, PEOPLE!!!), not to mention back-tracking several avenues, and then back to the apartment on 32nd and to the park later in the day. Definitely go my exercise in today! i Even did that long walk on purpose, though I don't know that I will ever make that choice again!

L and I went to the park on Riverside and 83rd, spending quite a bit of time there. My heart was so full of gratefulness and contentment. The sun, the lovely weather, watching L playing happily—it all seemed so fantastic. On the way back we stopped by the marina to look at the boats. L kept insisting that we see the boats, and I kept insisting that we were looking at them. I think the poor dear wanted to ride on them, which would be nice; we'll just have to make some rich friends.

I decided to walk to the 59th st station, but by the time I'd gotten that far L had fallen asleep, so I just kept going. Somewhere along 40th and 5th ave Carlos called and asked me to meet him at work (27th and 7th ave), and I reluctantly agreed. I was having a hard time keeping the sleeping L out of the sun. Eventually we did meet C and I got some much-needed food, which helped with my increasing grumpiness greatly.

After coming “home” to freshen up and catch a small nap, we went to Madison Park until C met us there after work. L is such a monkey!! People are so impressed with her climbing abilities, and other moms are impressed that I don't have a heart attack while watching her, or even that I “let” her do it at all. Honestly, I don't know how so many parents can take over-protective to such extremes. I'm all for taking care of your kids, but if you never let them do anything they will go ape-nuts on you eventually.

After C arrived at the park he got a phone call from our realtor in NC—some people offered a bid for our house, we countered the offer, and they accepted!!! We close on October 30. So, barring something going haywire, OUR HOUSE IS SOLD and we break even! PRAISE THE LORD OH MY SOUL!!!

Everything is falling into place. Life is beautiful. I want to add to the beauty and spread it around. And right now, I want to go to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment