Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Good bye, one thing at at time...

We've said good-bye to the dogs. Good bye-to the car, the amp, some friends, and tonight our church family.

The dogs were easier to say good-bye to than I thought they would be, but only because we went and saw them with their new family--seeing them so happy and so loved made things much, much easier. In fact, Bailey looked like a whole different dog--her hair (yes, she has hair rather than fur) went from charcoal to black in two weeks! I think Bailey and Elisa were afraid we were going to take them back with us!

I know they are just dogs, but they were special to me in the way only pre-kid dogs are (in a sane, I-don't-dress-them-up kind of way). Their new forever family is, quite literally, an answer to prayer.

The Jetta was hard to get rid of, too. What is it with Americans and their cars? I loved it in that this-is-my-first-not-crappy-car kind of way. The amp went to a guy who will use it to teach kids, so that is cool. Everything else seems to be getting a good home, too, which is comforting.

Leaving people one cares about is never fun or comforting, but it is so nice to have people who make it hard to leave, if that makes sense.

1 comment:

  1. It does.
    =( I hated saying good-bye to animals... hope the move goes well! NY sounds exciting and so you.

    ReplyDelete